Nearly a month after its lead left for Mulan training, fantasy romance Records of Nanyan Studio has finally finished filming. Here are the rest of stills released.
Liu Yifei is a performer of all types – ballerina, acrobat, singer, and guitar player – for this photoshoot by Liu Zongyan (who did her awesome modern Wuxia and Mulan-like photoshoots). She has recently finished filming Nanyan Studio with Jing Boran and has been training in New Zealand for the live-action Mulan (if you don’t read the comments, the male lead has been cast and I’ve given up my last sliver of hope this movie knows what it’s doing).
Fantasy romance drama Records of Nanyan Studio (Southern Mist House) stars Liu Yifei (Hanson and the Beast) as Lu Mansheng, a woman who listens to other people’s love stories, and use her scents to give her clients a happy ending in their dreams (aka Republican version of City of Hopeless Love 华胥引). Jing Boran plays her love interest Ye Shen.
Actress Liu Yifei has been outed as an angel. For the past couple of years, she’s been running an animal shelter out of her own home for kittens. She takes stray cats in, nurtures and neuters them, and then find them homes. Liu YIfei even removed her brick fence after some cats got stuck in it.
Liu Yifei (Once Upon A Time) and Feng Shaofeng (The Starry Night, The Starry Sea 2) played Yu Ji and Xiang Yu respectively in White Vengeance, and will be starring opposite each other again in fantasy rom-com Hanson and the Beast 二代妖精.
Liu Yifei (Once Upon A Time) is returning to the small screen after 12 years, and will be playing the female lead in Records of Nanyan Studio 南烟斋笔录, an upcoming supernatural romance drama set in the early years of the Republic. Jing Boran (Love O2O) costars as her love interest.
As a part of her casting announcement for Disney’s Mulan, actress Liu Yifei released a photoshoot that is perfect for Mulan. The photoshoot shows her fighting side, but then has others that could easily be captioned “the flower that blooms last is the most beautiful of them all.”
Someone pointed out to me the outfit-pose combo is similar to the MCU’s Elektra, and now I kind of wish the execs could introduce her to the dudes next door and get her in the MCU.
Here are some fun facts about the star of Disney’s live-action Mulan, Liu Yifei, to help you and your friends dispel myths propelled by Hollywood Reporter’s sloppy reporting from wikipedia.
- Liu Yifei is in fact a U.S. citizen. I don’t even know why it’s an issue since Mulan isn’t Asian-American and so Asian-Americans shouldn’t be given priority over non-American Asians in the role.
- Despite what Hollywood Reporter says, she is not called “Fairy Sister” out of the blue. It’s because her character was called that in Semi-Gods and Demi-Devils.
- Her English isn’t perfect, but she’s been improving. English Interview.
- It probably helps that she’s dating Korean co-star Song Seung Hoon, who can only communicate with her in English.
- Liu Yifei was trained as a classical Chinese dancer and can do a lot of her own stunts, splits, and all those fancy-looking stuff.
- Liu Yifei also had a short pop star career in Japan. Did you know that she sung the Japanese theme for PowerPuff Girls Z?
- She’s also been learning hip-hop recently.
- Liu Yifei has always been adorable. There’s a reason why she headlined Cfensi’s cute celeb kid photos post even back in 2008.
Disney has heard your wishes and cast Cfensi’s top choice for Mulan.
Hollywood Reporter reported that Crystal Liu Yifei has been cast as Disney’s Mulan. The film is directed by Niko Caro and set for a 2019 release. Liu Yifei is one of the most famous young actress in China, and is known for her graceful martial arts roles. Based on the casting calls, she will likely speak Chinese for a Chinese version and English for the English-speaking audience. The plot has been significantly changed, most significantly cutting out Mushu, replacing Shang with a fellow soldier, and resetting the story in the Tang dynasty.
I’m so happy for her and for the audience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!